This week we announced the election of three new members to our Board of Directors. They are William (Pete) Booker III, Smithfield Specialty Foods Group; Natalie King, Stonewall Kitchen and Patricia Lobel, Avenue Gourmet. In addition, three incumbents were re-elected to the board for two-year terms: Matt Nielsen, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc., Ron Straci, Rao’s Specialty Foods, Inc., and Brad Van Dam, Marich Confectionary.
The following NASFT members were elected to serve as officers on the Board of Directors for the 2010-2012 term:
- Chairperson: Dennis Deschaine, Al Dente Pasta, Inc.
- Vice Chairperson: Mike Silver, Neomonde Baking Company
- Treasurer: Shawn McBride, Magic Seasoning Blends
- Secretary: Becky Renfro Borbolla, Renfro Foods, Inc.
Trish Pohanka of European Imports, Ltd., will continue to serve on the board, as Past Chairperson. Tim Metzger of Metzger Specialty Brands, Inc., past chairperson for the last two years and a longtime board member, has ended his Board service. Ann Daw, president of the NASFT, said, “Tim has been an outstanding board member. He has brought special expertise and enthusiasm to his role and an unparalleled commitment to helping our members and the Association thrive.”
Also serving for two-year terms are:
- Jack Acree, American Halal
- Sam Mogannam, Bi-Rite Market
- Stewart Reich, Hanson Faso
- Keith Keogh, Total Food Network