Heading to the Winter Fancy Food Show later this week? Well, if the thought of what to bring and how to make the most out of the Show is overwhelming, then we’ve got some fantastic tips to share.
Back in Summer in preparation of the 2009 Summer Fancy Food Show , we put out a blog post on what we thought would be helpful to attendees walking the show. But this time we reached out to our community on Facebook to get input from the troops on the Show floor for those attending. Here’s just a sampling of those suggestions:
- Wear VERY COMFORTABLE shoes,
- Utilize the coat check service,
- Don’t eat breakfast, and
- Peruse the guide beforehand and note which vendors you really want to visit and which aisles you are okay with skipping; this is crucial if you are only there for one day.
In addition, you might want to consider:
- Bringing a refillable water bottle (like a Kleen Kanteen or Nalgene bottle) to have in your booth. There will be water stations throughout the convention center with cups available as well.
- Planning out how you want to follow-up with buyers/exhibitors after the Show. Be sure to have a way to keep your notes and business cards neat and organized throughout your day.
- Bringing a bag to collect literature that is comfortable to carry.
- When packing your suitcase, pack light and leave some room. Chances are you will return home with more than you left with.
With a little preparation, you can be more comfortable and efficient at the Show.
Have additional tips? We’d love to hear them! Drop your comments here or log on to our Facebook fan page. See you all soon!