As we approach the Winter Fancy Food Show, we will bring you blog entries on use of social media tools and how they can enhance your experience at the Show and your networking with others in our industry.
Are you LinkedIn? Here are some time tips to make the most of your LinkedIn account, specifically on how to network with other NASFT members:
- Fill out your profile completely, including past positions, links to your blog and company, and education.
- Your summary (within your profile) is searchable and a great way for others to learn more about you and your business. Be sure it is well written and spell check!
- Update your status. This is a great way to tell people what you are doing… have a new product? Let your network know about it! Though some people change this frequently, it does not need to be. Change it when you have something to say.
- Review your contacts every month or so. You may find someone to connect or reconnect with as they change positions. Look at your contact’s contacts as well – network through the people you know.
- Join a group. The NASFT has two groups: one just for members and another for those interested in the Fancy Food Shows.
- Link your blog to your LinkedIn profile – you can drive more traffic and awareness. There are many applications that help you do this.
- Have a question? Ask it. Want to position yourself as an expert or help another? The “questions” section of LinkedIn is a great way to connect with people and there is a category for just about anything business related you can think of.
- Don’t want to connect with business contacts on Facebook? LinkedIn provides a professional arena within social media to connect.
Have some other pointers? Let us know!